Your Trusted Partner in Life Sciences.
1st BASE was established in 2002 to provide customized life science products and services. Over the years, we rapidly increase our manufacturing capabilities and now have carved a niche in the research community for being a leading service provider both locally and in the Asia Pacific region. We offer a comprehensive range of products and services for all aspects of life sciences research. Our expertise includes:
- DNA Synthesis
- RNA Synthesis
- Specialty oligos; Dual-Labeled Fluorogenic Probes, siRNA
- Gene Synthesis
- DNA Sequencing
- Next-Generation Sequencing
- Fragment Analysis Service
- Peptide Synthesis
- Antibody Production
- Proteomics Services
- Biochemicals and Ready-to-Use Buffers
- Molecular Biology Services
By collaborating with other well-established partners in the life sciences industry, we constantly expand our product range, thereby offering more options to our customers.
With an extensive network of distributors, our products and services are now delivered to more than 20 countries which include Malaysia, Thailand, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand, India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Philippines, Vietnam, Bangladesh, Sudan etc.
Today, our customers rely on 1st BASE for high-quality, affordable services delivered in a timely manner.
back to top
Our strong growth is attributed to a dedicated team, passionate about establishing 1st BASE as a trusted partner to the life science community, recognised for Quality, Reliability and Commitment. Our products and services are geared towards giving our customers conveniences which allow them to focus on the core issues of their research.
Knowing that quality and consistency are critical in research work, all final products go through strict quality control checks prior to delivery. Our production protocols also ensure that the team is well-versed in best practices to maximize production efficiency and consistency. Through close collaboration with reputable suppliers, we source for high quality raw materials which minimise lot-to-lot variations thereby ensuring consistency and quality in our products.
1st BASE is always looking for innovative ways to meet the evolving needs of the research community. Developmental work in the IT and R&D divisions have brought about many process improvements and automation. All these are paramount in increasing production throughput and reducing turnaround time.
In the research community, our customers recognise us for providing industry-leading customer service. We believe in fostering partnerships and giving our Best-Effort Guarantee. May it be addressing unique research requirements to the technical know-how; we are dedicated to ensuring our customers' satisfaction. Both locally and regionally, our customers can depend on 1st BASE for unrivalled service, driven by strong market knowledge.
back to top
We believe it is the people we have on board that makes 1st BASE successful. We pride ourselves in providing quality products and reliable services.
back to top
When 1st BASE started in 2002, it was driven by a young and dynamic team, eager to carve a niche for ourselves in the local biotechnology industry. Our previous logo of a leaf in a test-tube inspired a sense of freshness and vibrancy. It also reflected our aspiration of being the trusted partner in the research community. Over the years, we rapidly expanded our manufacturing both in Singapore and Malaysia and today, our customers come to recognize 1st BASE is a leading life science service provider. In line with our growth, our logo has evolved accordingly.
Brand New Look, Same Trusted Partner
In October 2010, we celebrated our 8th Anniversary and took the opportunity to rejuvenate our logo to reflect the growth and direction we are geared towards.
The new logo retains the main basic colours (green and orange) and elements to convey a sense of familiarity. The new main font inspires precision and demonstrates solidity of the company. We retain the tagline Your Research, Our Business to articulate our commitment to being a leading service provider in the life science industry. The box emphasizes the company's stability, strong foundation and focus. We let the leaf developed into a fully grown tree, made of molecular building blocks which define the unique products and services of 1st BASE. The interconnected branches of the tree signifies expansion of a global network into the region.
back to top
Since our inception, 1st BASE has grown from strength to strength. We have achieved several significant milestones and accolades as a validation of our success and customer satisfaction.
||Set-up manufacturing facility in Singapore and introduced 1st BASE Oligonucleotide Synthesis Service, followed by Biochemicals and Ready-to-Use Buffers
- Established manufacturing facility in Malaysia and launched DNA Sequencing Services
- Assisted in offering critically needed scientific services to local researchers when SARS hit the region
- Introduced 1st BASE Peptide Synthesis Service
- Established 1st store programme for biochemicals at NUMI (National University Medical Institutes, Singapore)
- Received investment funding from MAVCAP Photonics and expanded production facilities by acquisition of new machines and adoption of high throughput methodologies
- Obtained first tender award in Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS) for provision of custom oligonucleotides
- Appointed international distributors in India and Indonesia
- Broaden distributor network to include Hong Kong, Thailand, Philippines and Australia
- Forged strategic alliance with Integrated DNA Technologies, Inc., a leading supplier of custom oligonucleotides in USA and appointed as their sole distributor in South East Asia
- Expanded 1st BASE Biochemical Store Programme to Biopolis Shared Facilities
- Introduced siRNA products and Gene Synthesis Service
- Malaysian facility conferred the designation of BioNexus Status Company under the Malaysian Biotechnology Corporation (BiotechCorp)
- Office expansion in Singapore and established full-fledged Customer Care Department, inclusive of technical support
- Completed process improvement projects on automation such as bar-cording of oligo tubes and liquid handling system for aliquoting oligos
- Expanded IT / IS Department to focus efforts on automation and computerization of production procedures
- Expansion of 1st BASE Biochemical Store Programme to Nanyang Technological University, National Cancer Centre and Temasek Life Sciences Laboratories
- Upgraded to highest capacity Genetic Analyzers for DNA Sequencing Service and optimized protocols to offer superior data in the shortest time possible
- Enhanced Quality Control procedures for oligos to match increased in production throughput
- Launched 1st BASE Online Ordering system for oligonucleotides
- Launched 2nd phase of online ordering of DNA Sequencing
- Service in Singapore and Malaysia
- Distributor network now spans over the 15 countries and growing
- Provided synthesis services for sequencing primers of the Influenza A(H1N1) virus and DNA Sequencing services to researchers in Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand and Hong Kong
- Launched 1st BASE Online Ordering for Biochemicals and Ready-to-Use Buffers
- Launched 1oo Rewards You, a reward scheme for 1st BASE Online Ordering
- Introduced new initiatives in Next-Generation Sequencing and Custom Research Services
- Enhanced product offerings to meet customers' needs better through Expedite Service for Oligos, DNA sequencing and Premix Buffers
- Established collaboration with A*STAR for the provision of Single Pass DNA sequencing services to researchers through Biopolis Shared Facilities
- Secured tender for supply of custom oligonucleotides in Genome Institute of Singapore (GIS) for the 6th year
- Forged strategic alliance with Proteomics International, a leading provider of protein identification, analytical and characterisation services and appointed as their distributor in Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Thailand
back to top